Tuesday 12 July 2011

'Distressing' Christmas

Although I am a big fan of Clarity Stamps, I have to admit I use other stamps as well.  Here are a few of my other creations using distressing techniques here and there, and various stamps.  

Marble ink matt distressed poinsietta teddy
 On this one, I colored the stamp with pro-markers and distressed with the faded jeans distress ink (I think).  I used the deckled edge rectangle spellbinder die for the picture, and straight cut the other layers.  The layer with the red was made using Marbling Inks on 160 gsm uncoated paper if I am remembering correctly.  The darker blue layers and the card itself are pearl cardstock, and the ribbon is gold edged organza.

Card-io tree with blue distress

This one was inspired by designs shown at the Newbury Stamp expo.  Card-io has these fantastic snowflake stamps as well as the versa colour ink pads.  I stamped and embossed the 'garland' first, then stamped the snowflakes in various colors to make up the tree itself.  The background is also distressed with faded jeans distress ink.  The layer underneath is a really nice textured card that I picked up at the Newbury show as well.

    
Coredinations stamped wreath
 This one is probably my favorite, even though it could have been a bit better.  I used a different Card-io stamp set (Christmas Bouquet I think) and versa color ink.  The mount behind the stamped image is from the Tim Holtz Coredinations card pack, embossed with the brick embossing folder, sanded and lightly distressed with scattered straw.  Another sheet of the textured card (red card) made it behind the stamped layer. (It really was a bargain and perfect for Christams stuff!)  The final layer is a brushed gold satin card stock.


Anyway, if slow and steady wins the race, I should be all set for the end of November when these cards go out for sale to raise money for Children in Need.  It is difficult though, because each is a labour of love, and I find it hard to let them go to strangers..lol.  

I hope you like my creations, but I am open to feedback (good or bad) as I am only just learning.
Happy Crafting!!
xxDenise

No comments:

My Weight Loss Journey