Friday 22 July 2011

Sprinkles Bouquet with Punch Flowers

When I am lucky enough to be able to get to my craft table (which is often guarded by my Ragdoll Cat Paddington).....


... I try to spread my crafting wings and give different techniques a go.  My sister-in-law's birthday is coming up, so I wanted to do something nice for her.  As it is being mailed from the UK to the US, and her birthday is on the 28th of July, it will probably get to her late.  It is the thought that counts though, right?  I suppose I can just send her the link to my blog so she can have a preview.  Besides, it is Paddington's fault really.

Anyway, here is the card....

Birthday Sprinkles Bouquet


I used the lovely bouquet 'black and white stampie' from the Double Sprinkes of Kraft CD and coloured it with my pro markers with highlights using a gold Zig Wink of Stella pen and a metallic gel pen in green.  The distressed and torn layers are from the Tim Holtz coredinations line.  Love the stuff! 

Because some of the flourishes on the bouquet are very fine, a couple of them got accidentally amputated so I was trying to think of a way to cover up some of these areas.  Then I thought of a punch flower technique I saw at Summer Crafting.  It was demonstrated at the My Craft Studio stall by Jodie, and if she happens to read this... I believe it now!  I coloured some 250 gsm white card stock with pink and yellow pro markers.  Then I used a tonic punch to cut out the flower layers and assembled them with Aleene's tacky glue.  This worked out well and gave the card a nice 3D component.

The inside is also decorated using images from the Double Sprinkles of Kraft CD.  Walter is coloured with pro-markers. I tried to give him a feathery / fluffy look.  The sentiment is straight off the CD - why mess with perfection!




More to come soon now that it is the weekend (if I can keep Paddington off the table)!

Happy Crafting
xx Denise

1 comment:

Polkadoodles said...

Bwaahahahhh your cat is FIERCE!! lolol - great blog, thanks for the email x ;)

My Weight Loss Journey