Wednesday 3 August 2011

Assorted Christmas

Hello again.

It seems I have been well and truly bitten by not only the card making bug, but most specifically the Christmas Card making bug.  I now have about 5 times the number of Christmas Cards I will need for my list, but that's ok since I will be selling cards for Children in Need in November.  I guess I can carry on making more then!


These are two that I have done over the last few days.
Marble ink backed Card-io tree with festive bouquet

This card was made using a variety of Card-io / Majestix stamps including the Festive Bouquet and the Celebratrees set.  The 'garland' was stamped in versamark and embossed in gold glitter powder.  I used versacolour inks for the tree components.  If you are interested I can detail which colours, but I don't want to bore you :)

I distressed the top layer with denim blue distress ink.  The red layer is a textured paper with almost a faux leather appearance.  The bottom layer was made using the My Craft Studio marbling inks on non-coated paper.   The Happy Christmas is a peel off.


*****************************************************************************

This next card just sort of fell together during a play I was having with my new nesties dies.

Glitter Girls Joy, Wow, Nancy Watt Paper & Nesties
The Joy is a Glitter Girls stamp which I stamped with Memento ink and then stamped over it with a snowflake stamp from Polka Doodles using versamark.  I then embossed the snowflakes with Wow white glitter embossing powder.  I coloured the 'Joy' with a cyan Promarker and touched up the outline of the word with black Promarker.

The two light blue shapes were made by first embossing the paper with a snowflake embossing folder using the Cuttlebug.  Then, with the Peony Nestabilities dies from Spellbinders, I cut and embossed the shapes.   I sanded the coredinations paper to bring out the snowflakes, and dressed them a bit with the clear wink of stella pen.  The large white snowflake was also made with a Spellbinders die, but was cut out of Centura Pearl cardstock.  The backing paper I used is one of Nancy Watt's lovely designs.  Finally, I thought the peel off border at the top gave it a nice touch.

As usual, feedback is greatly appreciated so I know what works and what doesn't.  Because I would actually like to sell some of the cards for charity, it would help to get an idea of which designs 'people' like.

Anyway, I really should be getting to sleep, so I will end for now.  I hope you are enjoying my creations.

Happy Crafting
xxDenise

No comments:

My Weight Loss Journey