Sunday 21 August 2011

Think you can find my treasure?

Due to some personal / family issues, I have not done as much card making this week.  However, I realised that getting my mind on something else, like making challenge cards, might help me through this trying time in my life.

We had a friend over and as we are all crafters, we decided to pick a challenge to make cards for.  It was unanimous that we do this week's Passion for Promarker Challenge ' which is 'a pirate's life for me'.

Here is the card I ended up with....


Treasure Hunt
 I got this great girl pirate digi stamp from  C.C. Designs via the all that scraps website.  She is coloured with promarkers as are the little images on the map.  I used super smooth paper for the map.  After colouring the images I distressed the map with old paper distress ink.  Then I crumpled the paper and distressed it a bit more with tea dye distress ink.  I used some brown card and mauve coredinations paper, which was sanded, for the layers under the map and main image.

This was a fun card to make.  Thank you very much to Debs at Passion for Promarkers for such a fun challenge!

I hope you like the card.  As always, comments are greatly appreciated, whether they be positive or negative.

Happy crafting
xxDenise

2 comments:

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Denise, what a fantastic card. I love the cute image and your colouring is perfect. The treasure map looks amazing. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

Debs said...

Ahoy there Denise :0)...nothing like a day creating with a crafty friend to lift the spirits...glad you enjoyed the challenge..fabby card..and thanks so much for joining us at PFP..hugs Debs x

My Weight Loss Journey