Saturday 3 December 2011

Here's one for the books (or for the gifts!)

Hello, if you are looking for the Crafty Boots Blog Hop, you are in the right place so please click here.

Ok, so those of you who are familiar with my 'work' will know that my papercrafting has been all but limited to cards and card toppers and a very little wall art ala' paint fushion.

I came across another 'Anything but a card' challenge and as usual, went to click to the next challenge blog to find a challenge I could enter.  Then I said to myself, "Wait - why don't I try something that isn't a card?"   I think the challenge has now expired as I can't find it, but no matter, I was on a mission!

I tried to think what would be reasonable to attempt, and I decided on a gift bag.  Certainly a gift bag would not go amiss this time of year anyway!  As I didn't have a gift bag to decorate, I decided I would make one from scratch.  And here 'tis.



Side view to prove it is a bag!
I had no idea how to make a gift bag from paper, but thanks to a bit of searching on you tube and a few tutorials I was ready to take the plunge into making the bag itself.  I would be fibbing if I said I got it in one, but I was happy enough with my thrid attempt to move on to the paper I wanted to use for my actual project!

The paper came from an assorted 12x12 pack that I was lucky enough to get from the Summer Crafting workshop I attended (run by My Craft Studio).

Then onto the decorating:
I used the Sweet November Neva Digi Image by Amy Young which I got from All That Scraps.  It is colored with Letraset Pro Markers and Wink of Stella Pens.  I used a light blue glitter card cut using Grand Nestabilities Label 23 die for the layer behind the fairy.  Some of the snowflakes are punched using a tonic punch and the others are from a pre die cut set from Kanban.  On the inside of the bag, I die cut a couple of offset circle strips for stability, then using the Crop-a-dile, attached silver grommets and then threaded the ribbon through to make the handles which are fairly standard red satin ribbon.

I hope that you like it, and as always I love to get your comments.

Take care and best wishes for a happy and healthy holiday season.

xxDenise

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

A gift bag with a difference.. and yes it works well done you

Unknown said...

I really love this, is a fun one xx

Misty's said...

Hi
Fabulous gift bag and I adore the digi-image!
Michaela xx

Dawn said...

Fantastic hunni! I love it!
Well done
Hugs
Dawn xx

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Fab project, love the image and the colours
Lindsay xx

My Weight Loss Journey