Saturday 14 January 2012

Welcome to Lucas

Hi everyone,

I am so excited to be able to announce the birth of Lucas, the son of my dear friends Nina and Mike.  Actually, the dragonMommy and baby card I used for my latest Crafty Boots DT project (for the New Beginnings Challenge) was made for Nina and Mike, but I didn't want to mention it until Lucas arrived safe and sound.

Finally, after 40 hours of labour and a C-section, little Lucas (well not so little at 9lbs and change) came into the world.  We are off to the hospital to see them in a bit, but I wanted to share the card I made for Lucas. 


I used an adorable free digi image from http://www.wendymade.blogspot.com/ and colored it with promarkers.  I did a lot of die cutting with my Cuttlebug for the letters and numbers and squares.  The doily layer is made using my X-cut punch.

Although I was very pleased with how the card turned out, due to it's size (8x9" approx), the envelope was another matter and certainly not my best work (which is why there is no pic of it ..lol).

Okee dokee, I have to get going now to go meet this little guy and congratulate his parents.

Take care and as always, all comments are very much appreciated.

5 comments:

Jan said...

What a lovely card xx Jan

Anonymous said...

Great card and such a cute little image xx

Dawn said...

Sweet card & a great keepsake!
Hugs
Dawn xx

jane stillman said...

well done, it's lovely x

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Really cute, love the teddy bear
Lindsay xx

My Weight Loss Journey