Monday 14 May 2012

Crafty Boots Challenge - Good Luck

Hello crafty people.....

This Monday marks the start of another 2 week challenge at Crafty Boots Challenges.  This time, the theme is 'Good Luck'. Please check out the challenge website here to get some inspiration from the lovely creations the rest of the design team has come up with.

As for my creation, I have to be honest and admit that I remembered the DT cards were 'due' at the last minute, so I worried that I wouldn't be able to put anything together that I would be happy enough to share.  Had I been a clever girl I would have held off on posting the Good Luck card with my own piggy digi image.  Guess I am not a clever girl!  Luckily (see what I did there).. luckily I had this lovely digi image in my files, courtesy of Hope Jacare Doodles from Stitchy Bears, so I was able to make a card that I ended up being very happy with!

Without further suspese, here 'tis....


I colored the image in with Pro and Flex Markers, then cut the layer out with a Grand Nesties Die.  I thought, what is a wedding without a bit of shimmer, so I added holographic mirror card behind both the image layer and the swirl paper layer (which by the way is from Hunkydory).  I very nearly left it at that, but I thought it needed just a little something extra.   I decided to add the beautiful paper flowers that I recently ordered from Create and Craft.  I love them, and should have ordered two sets - but remember, I am not a clever girl ;)

As I said, I ended up very happy with the result.  Too bad everyone I know that is getting married in the near future will probably see this card (as they are part of the Crafty Boots  DT, or twitter friends or both!).  That is what they make storage for I suppose!

Anyway, we would love to see your Good Luck related creations, so pop over to Crafty Boots Challenges to link up.  Also...Crafty Boots Challenges is having a design team call, so if you are the crafty sort, and want to join in with a lovely group of crafty people, please check out the details here..

Thank you so much for looking, and I hope you can come back soon.  Not to be a broken record, but all comments are very much appreciated!

xx Denise

7 comments:

CraftygasheadZo said...

It's a super card! Zo xx

Dee's Craft Room said...

Hi Denise

Whoever said that you are not a clever girl, don't believe them, I've seen your new digi images on the Crafty Boots website.

I love the card and, would you believe it, came very close to using this image myself! Great roses, I may have to get some for my stash.

Dionne xx

emma mitchell said...

I love your Gorgeous card Denise
Hugs Emma xx

Gabrielle said...

What a beautiful image - I love how you have used it to! Huge congrats again on your designs being available - it must be terribly exciting!

Stephie Boots said...

Wow I love this beautiful creation!! I love this image and I have this digi too so really should use it!!! xxx

Carole Z said...

Lovely card Denise, really pretty image Carole Z X

Kate M said...

Great good luck card Denise
Kate
x

My Weight Loss Journey